AstonSpinks are a small-medium size transport and installation company. we mainly concentrate on heavy lifting and technical lifting and access services, we work with Museums, Galleries, Institutions, Collectors, Art Transporters, Removal Companies and the Construction Industry.
We are looking for a transport planner who can work along side our current planner someone who is looking for a diverse role within a growing company.
Who we are looking for:
- Somebody able to work under pressure and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Experience of manual vehicle planning around payloads, dimensions, manual handling equipment using paper based and IT systems.
- Excellent team player
- Excellent knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, transport operations systems and taco master etc
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK and Europe
- 3-5 years experience in a transport/logistics operation
Your main responsibilities:
- Plan and execute the scheduling of a busy specialist transport operation packing, moving and installing usual objects in the UK and Europe.
- Optimise scheduling to provide a best in class service in the most cost effective way possible
- Allocating correct vehicle specifications and driver skill-sets in accordance with client requirements, legislation, business values, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Support the Transport GM with the fleet management (EU driver’s hours legislation, the EU Working Time Directive, Annual Leave/Sickness recording, Training and Development of the transport team)
- Ensure safety legislation is adhered to and safe working practices are adopted at all times.
What we are offering:
Competitive salary depending on experience
Opportunity for growth within a growing company
Down load cv