AstonSpinks are a small-medium size transport and installation company. we mainly concentrate on heavy lifting and technical lifting and access services, we work with Museums, Galleries, Institutions, Collectors, Art Transporters, Removal Companies and the Construction Industry.
We are looking for a Operations/General Manager who is looking for a diverse role within a growing company.
Who we are looking for:
- Somebody able to work under pressure and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Experience of manual vehicle planning around payloads, dimensions, manual handling equipment using paper based and IT systems.
- Excellent team player
- Excellent knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Transport operations systems
- Strong geographical knowledge
- 3-5 years experience in a transport/logistics operation
Your main responsibilities:
- Plan and execute the scheduling of a busy specialist transport operation packing, moving and installing usual objects in the UK and Europe.
- Optimise scheduling to provide a best in class service in the most cost effective way possible
- Allocating correct vehicle specifications and driver skill-sets in accordance with client requirements, legislation, business values, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Support the Transport GM with the fleet management (EU driver’s hours legislation, the EU Working Time Directive, Annual Leave/Sickness recording, Training and Development of the transport team)
- Ensure safety legislation is adhered to and safe working practices are adopted at all times.
- Adhere and champion Constantine policies and procedures for H&S, Quality Assurance and Security
What we are offering:
- Competitive salary between £38k – £42k per annum depending on experience
- Opportunity for growth within a growing company
- Training and development scheme
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Plan and execute the scheduling of a busy specialist transport operation packing, moving and installing in the UK and Europe.
- Review job bookings prior to planning to understand skills requirements, vehicle/access limitations, timescales, product dimensions and equipment
- Schedule vehicles using the most economical and cost-effective routing
- Allocation of correct specification vehicles, equipment and suitably trained road crew to undertake movements as per the coordinator or technical team instructions
- Pre-Planning of shipments taking account of routes, secure overnight stopping areas and lodging arrangements
- Tracking of vehicles using company telematics and monitoring systems, checking progress of routes in transit vs the daily schedule and communicating any potential delays
- Adhere to EU drivers hours legislation and DVSA Operators Licence requirements
- Book additional resource as required, liaising with contractors and subcontractors
- Rescheduling of tasks in accordance with changing requirements of clients and the operation
- Collate and build road crew paperwork for the following day
- Briefing of drivers to include detailed instructions on execution of tasks
- On call cover for out of hours incidents or amendments
- Plan secure parking, provision of utilities and access/egress for own vehicles and contractors
- Liaison with warehouse, packing, maintenance, support services and client coordination teams
Supervision of the transport team
- Assist transport supervisor – Transport with the day-to-day management of road crew
- Daily supervision and resolution of minor conflicts, escalating to the director – Transport or HR where formal action may be required
- Assisting the director – Transport with absence management for the road transport team, dealing with annual leave requests, sickness record management and return to work interviews
- Work in conjunction with the transport team to manage daily resourcing, training and development of road crew
- Ensure safe working practices, methodology, process and procedures are followed at all times
- Undertake any other duties that may be required by the management of the organisation commensurate with the responsibilities of the role or the requirements of the business.
- Adhere and champion Constantine policies and procedures for:
i. Health & Safety
ii. Quality Assurance
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent IT knowledge, specifically in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Transport operations systems, routing/scheduling software
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of manual planning around payloads, dimensions, manual handling equipment
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Excellent time management
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Strong administrative skills with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to be an excellent team player
Required: Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
Transport Manager CPC and Operators Licence
Desirable: LGV Cat C Licence
Required: 3-5 years experience in a transport/logistics operation
Desirable: Experience in Lifting operations, Art, Handling , Removals, Installations, High Security, International Operations, Customs,
Job Type: Full-time
Please send us your CV below